- Gentle everyday care and protection from the causes of nappy rash
- Contains no colours, fragrances, preservatives or antiseptics
- Contains pro-vitamin B5
Bepanthen works by forming a transparent, breathable layer, helping to protect even the most delicate skin from irritants and rubbing. Bepanthen is so gentle, it can be used at every nappy change to help the most sensitive of skins, including that of premature babies. Bepanthen contains Pro-vitamin B5 which gently helps sensitive skin to repair its natural protective barrier while keeping it soft, smooth and moisturised. The water-in-oil formulation seals in the skin's natural moisture and provides optimal conditions to allow gentle skin recovery without drying out your baby's delicate skin, keeping it healthy and hydrated.
A thin layer of Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment should be applied to your baby’s clean, dry bottom after each nappy change, especially at bedtime when the nappy is usually on for the longest during the night. Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment offers additional comfort for the baby being non-sticky as well as convenience for the mother as it does not need to be cleaned off at the next nappy change.
Aqua, Lanolin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Petrolatum, Panthenol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Cera Alba, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Glyceryl Oleate, Lanolin Alcohol
How can Bepanthen help to protect your baby's bum at night?
At any one time, a third of babies and toddlers are suffering from nappy rash – and yet many parents don’t take steps to protect their baby’s delicate bottoms.
Newborn baby’s skin is up to 40% thinner than adults’* and a baby’s bottom in particular will have to cope with some tough conditions – especially at bedtime when the nappy is usually on for longest.
One of the main causes of nappy rash is when the skin comes into contact with wee and poo. Even the best disposable nappies leave some moisture on baby’s delicate new skin and this can compromise the skin’s ability to act as a barrier.
Bepanthen works by:
Forming a protective and breathable barrier to reduce the contact your baby’s skin has with irritants.
Containing Provitamin B5 which gently aids natural recovery of sensitive skin while keeping it soft, smooth and moisturised.
Clinically Proven & Award Winning Protection: Best Nappy Cream by Parents (Loved By Parents 2016).
1) Is clinically proven for babies delicate skin.
2) Improves the natural protection of the skin.
3) Maintains the ideal moisture levels of the skin.
4) Contains no unnecessary ingredients.
5) Contains ingredients that are proven to be safe and have benefits.
6) Is free from any potentially toxic ingredients.
7) Is free from potential sensitisers (items that frequently cause allergic reactions) such as fragrances.
8) Contains no antiseptics or preservatives.
9) Is pleasant to use.
- Redness, lesions, swelling or spots on your baby’s bottom, thighs and genitals.
- The rash may also be hot to the touch.
- Your baby’s behaviour might seem more troubled – they may cry when touched or washed, and wake frequently in the night because of discomfort.
- Use Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment at every nappy change, especially at bedtime when the nappy is usually on for the longest period to help protect against the causes of nappy rash. Lightly massage the ointment into the bottom to help reinforce the skin’s natural barrier and help stop the chemicals in urine and faeces from irritating the skin.
- Change your child's nappy five to seven times a day.
- Make sure you’re using the right nappy size. If it’s too tight, it can cause irritation.
- Let air get to your baby’s bottom as often as possible. For example, let him go nappy-free during winding.
- When you go out, remember to take a clean nappy with you, so your child doesn’t sit in a soiled one for too long.
- Always clean your baby's bottom from front to back.
Treatment and prevention are very similar when it comes to nappy rash – both involve following some simple hygiene recommendations, such as changing your baby’s nappy whenever it’s soiled, giving your baby nappy free time and using gentle products that are specially developed for your baby’s delicate skin. NHS suggests the best way to deal with nappy rash is to prevent the baby getting it in the first place.
Using a barrier cream like Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment helps protect the baby's skin from the causes of nappy rash.